Friday 30 November 2012

Not ready yet

I have been dating a girl for the past four years, and everything has been good so far. But she recently opened up and told me that she would like us to get married as soon as possible.

But the problem is, I am currently unemployed, and I'm not ready for marriage right now. One reason is because I want to finish my masters degree program before proceeding to anything remotely close to marriage. But my girlfriend has finished her BSC and has started working, and now she is eager to marry.
I really want to finish my programm and get a good job like her before settling down. There is also another issue; my mother said that I should not marry her because of her attitude, and also because she is not from the same tribe as me.

But each time my girlfriend brings up the issue of marriage, I find myself making promises that I am not sure I can keep. I keep insisting and promising to marry her. Please help me because I am under a lot of pressure from my girlfriend about the marriage and also from my mother who insists that I don't marry my girlfriend.
My girlfriend has been given me alot of problems, pls help me out. Should I follow my mothers advice or what should I do?

2 comments:

  1. Finish your it s more important than everything. Why can t she wait she ll will be the first who s gonna humiliate you when you cant provide for your familly for the rest just follow your heart your mom its not the one who s gonna live with het

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're not ready for marriage don't marry. I would get my degree first because she'll always throw that up in your face about you not being ableto support your family get out of this now! Get your degree if it is meant to be she'll wait!

    ReplyDelete